Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Made it!

A lot of things have been happening around here, such as getting here. These things have also prevented me from blogging, things such as not having Internet service because when AT&T couldn't verify our address they just canceled our order, having a now very mobile toddler who loves keyboards, going to Ikea or Target or somewhere similar every other day, and oh yes, moving cross country. I had hoped to blog through it all with a fascinating blow by blow of every mile driven and broken piece of furniture and fight with the movers. Instead, I was a little lazy and a lot busy. But, after all that and more, we made it. We are officially residents of San Francisco! I have the library card, and drivers license, to prove it!

I have lots to catch up on, but for now, I want to show you a series of photos that capture how my sweet Gracie has changed since leaving Boston. She was on the cusp of walking and communicating (talking may be too strong a word) when we left, but she is doing both now and the change is amazing. She is so busy! These are not great photos because they were taken with my phone, but you can see the serious business of using car keys to "unlock" door hinges. I don't know where she got it, but whenever she can her hands on my keys she heads for the doors. This is just one of many of the goofy but delightful things she is up to these days.

More on bears and weddings and road trips and fog and unpacking and spectacularly helpful family and new baby boys and old friends and Steve starting fellowship and missing Boston and seeing the Pacific Ocean on Sunday mornings walks soon!

1 comment:

  1. she's so cute! can't wait to see her (and you's guys) soon!

    ReplyDelete