Sunday, November 21, 2010

Vacation: the end

Okay, really? It's November 21 and I'm finally posting the last set of our vacation pictures... Sigh.

We took Grace to Hovander Park, which is kind of may favorite park ever although it makes Steve think I'm a little weird. So be it. Hovander has an old house and barn and fields and loads of animal pens. We were a little late in the season so a lot of the animals that are loaned during the summer were back to their home farms, but we did get to see lots of fowl and goats and Grace had a blast. She also thoroughly investigated the pumpkin patch and test-drove the tractor.

Followed by a yummy lunch in town with Pop.
View of the San Juans as we headed south. We took the scenic route and Steve and I were so awed by the scenery that we kept pulling into the viewpoints. I guess we fast-forwarded about 40 years. I just never appreciated growing up with this type of view as the normal backdrop to every day life. At least I get it now!
Aunt Susie and Uncle Dave hosted a wonderful dinner with a bunch of the Seattle-area family. It was such a treat to see everyone, but I was having too much fun to take many pictures. Here's one of Grace showing cousin Sindy where her nose is.
And another of Grace with her new bff Juno. She had a blast with a doggie to chase all evening.
We hit the road very early again and cruised. Grace was similarly angelic on the drive home as on the way up. She was pretty darn sick of the car, though. Here she is, somewhere between Redding and the 80, with her "patient but you've got to be kidding me that we still have two hours to go" face.
Ah, what a great trip it was. We needed the break after Steve's rough schedule during the summer and to regroup before I started working. Vacation now seems a distant dream, but we're looking forward to the long holiday weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment