Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Shorts in February

I feel a little cruel even mentioning that our weather was in the mid-70s last weekend since so many of you are in the throes of a rather hideous winter. But we did our time in New England and are now paying the price, literally, of such a lovely climate. Anyway, although we've had more than a few moments of thinking how lovely it would be to watch the snow fall over Boston and then head over to the Public Garden for a walk in the fresh snow, with a stop at Upper Crust on the way home, we were thrilled to enjoy a little mid-winter summer.

So, we finally made it to Mt. Tam. I found the endless hiking options overwhelming, so ended up picking Carson Falls since Grace is way into waterfalls right now (along with towers, airplanes, the moon, birds, and trains). Just wait till she sees Yosemite! It was a gorgeous day, perfect hiking weather. Despite the photographic evidence, I was there, too.
It is infinitely harder to hike with a toddler on your back. So we tried to convince her to walk part of the way back, but I guess one tires quickly if your mode of hiking is jumping up the trail...

No comments:

Post a Comment