Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Scramble

So I really really reaaaalllly was going to get all caught up with fall activities and updates before Thanksgiving so I could then go merrily into the Christmas season without a backlog of photos of pumpkins.  

I have failed.

So I'm combining the past three months into one post... pretty lame.  But seeing as how I'm growing a human who really likes me to sleep a lot, I have an excuse.  Right? 

Okay, and so now I just tried to upload a bunch of photos.  And Google says I've exceeded my limit.  So I will be revisiting this later.  Grrr.  

Here's what I was going to post about... my dad's visit and our trip to Alcatraz (who knew that would lead to the new game "escape from prison"), our really fun trip to Apple Hill with aunts, uncle and cousins, lots of outside time with Grace's friends, face-painting, bouncy slides, snuggling on the couch to read, building giant duplo towers and practicing bike-riding.  Not lots of overwhelming excitement, but the good stuff of life - being outside with friends or family on a sunny day (oh year, we had sun!  Maybe that's why my posting has been so lousy... it was summer here!).

Despite the Google nonsense, I'm feeling very thankful.  We have had some big challenges in the past year, but as I look back the blessings more than overpower the aggravations and frustrations.  I'm sitting here listening to the rain and hearing Grace snore while Steve works away on a homework assignment.  I'm warm and dry, my stomach is full, the baby seems to be growing well, I have a good job to do tomorrow and a safe, nurturing school to take Grace to.  Steve will do good work healing people.  We will then spend several days off relaxing with family and friends and enjoying some down time.  And tonight, after I finish my chores, I will climb into a cozy bed and read my new library book.  We have loving families and friends.  We have what we need and so much more.  If I've learned one thing in the last year, it's the value of down time with Steve and Grace, not over-scheduling but leaving time for spontaneity.  It's the little things, and I'm so grateful for them.

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours! XO


No comments:

Post a Comment