Sunday, January 12, 2014

Planning ahead

Lots of wedding talk around here lately as Grace and I prepare to be a part of Emily and Adam's wedding next weekend.  This afternoon Grace was practicing being a flower girl while my Aunt Mary posed as the bride (with a tutu on her head as a veil, of course!).  So, over dinner, Grace started telling us about her wedding plans.  A few of the highlights (the plans were meticulously detailed):
- We all need to do a lot of work while Grace sits on the couch and gets "settled" , including getting her shoes together
- We need to get Henry some "baby handsome clothes"
- Steve needs to wear a bow-tie
- I can wear my wedding dress, but get new shoes
- I will be making the wedding cake, cupcakes and dinosaur-shaped waffles
- Grace's dress will have pink and purple ribbons and a sash
- She will wear a veil
- We are supposed to get her some beautiful jewelry
- I need to wear beautiful earrings
- Steve needs to have a lot of money for the wedding
- Grace will be 64 when she gets married, no 83

3 comments:

  1. I guess I'll be 121, then! I hope I get to wear pretty shoes, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The dinosaur waffles are a nice touch. Wish I'd had Grace around to help plan my wedding. xo

    ReplyDelete