So, I planned to get some pictures up from Christmas around the new year, then by the end of January, and then I was really close to making it in February. But, I always thought "Christmas in March" had a nice ring to it so I waited.
My mom came for the holiday, and was here for Grace's Christmas break, which was awesome. They got to have fun while I worked, and it was just so nice to have a long visit without much agenda other than enjoy the kids, relax, and cook/eat. The only problem is that I tend not to take so many photos when we are just relaxing at home, but picture lots of yummy food, gorgeously frosted Christmas cookies, and lots of kid- and baby-cuddling.
Christmas
Christmas Eve. Proof that every now and then all four of us are dressed up at the same time.
After church, we had Christmas Even dinner with our neighbors from Ireland. It was fun to share their tradition of finger foods (lots of seafood) and Irish cake that Donna's mom had brought on her last visit from Dublin. I do wish I had snapped at least one photo of the overexcited kids together. And I see I got none of our Christmas celebration with GoGo, Aunt June and Viesia. It was lovely, pictures or no.
Opening (or tasting) Christmas Eve gifts.
Christmas morning.
Baby's first Christmas. Is there anything cuter than a baby in footy-pajamas?
A princess opens her gifts.
Playing with new gifts.
Seriously with the pjs.
More gift-tasting.
After Christmas ice skating with Emily.
We took a beautiful walk at Walden Pond. There was snow on the ground (and the trail was very icy) but it wasn't too cold and the light was lovely.
My mom also took Grace and me to the Nutcracker. We really enjoyed the staging and dancing - it was such a fun girls' afternoon. We enjoyed We also went to see the fireworks and ice sculptures at First Night, but I can't seem to find the pictures. Imagine us verrrry bundled up - it was no degrees, or fewer. I think GoGo was glad to return to balmy Washington.
It was such a fun holiday season and so good to have my mom here. And my battery is dying so if I wait to write more I will never get this posted. Happy New Year!
No comments:
Post a Comment