Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Mother's Day

Just a lazy Mother's Day around here. Steve got up with Grace while I laid in bed reading the Times Magazine (yes, sleeping in would have been even better but that's not an option when you've been up before 5:30 every day for the past two weeks and the sun is bright). When I dragged myself out of bed, there was a card and flowers on the table and breakfast and coffee just about ready. Ahhh. That was nice, but possibly just as nice was laying on the couch with more coffee and chatting with Steve while Grace played. We finally rallied too late to make the Duck Walk we'd planned to attend with Lisa, Paul and Livia, but we did manage to meet them at the end and see all the costumes. A lovely lunch in a cafe on Beacon Hill and a walk rounded out the good part of the day.

Then we went to the Pru to exchange something and failed. So, I tried on approximately every black dress in two malls and found
nothing suitable. If that's not discouraging, when even black isn't working, I don't know what is. The hunt is on, which is the last thi
ng I have time for but with Grace as my trusty and patient shopping companion, I'll find something. Right?

No comments:

Post a Comment