Made it! Through the first few days.
Grace started school (daycare) on Wednesday, and I started work Thursday. We're still getting the hang of our new routine, especially because my office site will be changing soon so I'm not really sure how the final daycare drop off and commute will work, but everything seems to be off to a good start.
Grace's transition back into daycare has been pretty smooth. She was definitely relieved that I came back for her on the first day, but she hasn't resisted going or started to cry when we arrive and she realizes she has to stay there again. She seems to have fun and she's eating and napping there. She comes home exuberant, yelling about buses and cars and birds and everything else we might see on the way home. Work seems good so far, although it's certainly too early to tell for sure. The team seems great and the work is really interesting and challenging. There will still be a period of adjustment as we settle into our new normal. But, all told, the first few days have gone well and I really appreciate all the support here and elsewhere. Y'all rock!
* If you don't know that reference, then, well... I don't even know what to say.
No comments:
Post a Comment