Grandpa came up from San Diego over the weekend for a quick visit and an early Christmas celebration. It was a pretty mellow weekend - on Saturday morning we got donuts and went over to the Sutro Baths ruins to walk along the Coastal trail.
The scenery shots...
Afterward we headed down to the zoo for a while. It was strangely deserted (I guess everyone was out shopping?), and almost all the animals were sleeping (even the monkeys and hippo). We still had fun and Grace had a great time in the children's zoo because it was so empty. She did a lot of farm work, raking and brushing the goats and driving the tractor.
In the evening we celebrated Christmas. Steve and I have been debating the play kitchen question for a while. We knew Grace would love one, but we have approximately zero space for one... fun outweighed practicality (proving that we actually are awesome parents, she better remember this when she's 13) and we ordered one. Umm, big hit (we gave it to her early to spread things out a bit). We have been served many a gourmet meal already. I think she even preserved lemons! Sunday morning when she got up she said to me "you got me a kitchen." I asked if she liked it and she said "I really like it." Then she said "I have a kitchen and you have a kitchen, Mommy." When I asked about Daddy she said "Daddy shares your kitchen." Hmmm.
Grace also helped Grandpa open presents.
Sunday was very chill - church, swimming lessons, excellent lunch in the Mission, football (the Chargers game was televised for a change!), Christmas cookies and more cooking by Grace. No pictures... I am lazy.
Thanks for coming to celebrate with us, Grandpa!
No comments:
Post a Comment