A few nights before leaving San Francisco, we attended Steve's graduation dinner. A few weeks ago, I would have gushed about how great it was to celebrate the end of such an intense fellowship...
We are learning a new definition of intense. So far it seems like internship and the first year of core fellowship combined. The other day Grace said something like "Daddy didn't have to work so much in San Francisco." I explained that she was too young to remember how much he worked the first two years we lived there. I think we all got used to him being around over the last year, spoiled even.
Anyway, here's the gang. For whatever reason, the five daughters of the fellows couldn't be found for the photo, but the three boys born during their three years are here. I guess it fits since their class happened to be all men.
This is the only shot of us all together.
Congratulations, Steve! You worked like crazy and earned all the accolades. We miss you, but your commitment to being the best possible clinician and researcher you can be inspires me. Your patients are so very lucky.
And boy do I look forward to celebrating your graduation from this fellowship!
No comments:
Post a Comment