Thursday, August 1, 2013

Ten years

Steve and I were married ten years ago today in a chapel in San Diego.  We were surrounded by family and friends, all of whom remain important people in our life today.

These ten years have brought some extraordinary highs, some difficult lows, and some wonderful adventures.  I won't say it's been easy, but it has definitely been, and continues to be, worth it.

Thank you to all of you who support us, laugh with us, cry with us, and model for us what a strong marriage and family are all about.  

Here's to, God-willing, 60 or 70 more years!

Update:  Also, after I wrote the above, I came across this essay.  What timing!  While I wouldn't have written it in just the same way, the overarching sentiment resonates.  Grand romantic gestures have their place, but a marriage is so much more.  

No comments:

Post a Comment