Friday, July 25, 2014

If I wait until I transfer all the photos from my phone to catch up I will never post again... so for a start, here are some pictures of our hike up Mt. Monadnock during my mom's recent visit. It's more of a scrambling climb to a 3000' and change "peak" in New Hampshire than a hike, and let's just say that we won't be doing it again with a baby on the back. Steve and I had done it years ago, as had the intrepid Sarah who joined us, but the theme of the day turned out to be "... this is not how I remember it..." It's a fabulously fun climb, and Grace was amazing - she's part mountain goat, apparently - but it was also hard in the heat and with Henry in the pack. Steve carried him most of the way up and I carried him most of the way down and none of us had enough water. And I had remembered the trail totally differently so hadn't properly prepared my mom, and she was stuck scrambling in running shoes. And the route down was easier but not easy. Suffice to say, we earned that trip to Flatpatties.


Oh, and the other photos I can get quickly are of our visit to Old Ironsides (aka the USS Constitution) and a decommissioned battleship at the Navy Yard in Charlestown (along with a stop at North Point Park). Old Ironsides is about to go into dry dock for several years so we thought it was our patriotic duty to finally visit (we used to see it from our window)

No comments:

Post a Comment