
Just after 11pm last night, I got a text from Emily in San Francisco saying "Here's to change and the audacity to hope that we could make it happen!"
I think that sums it up pretty well. Then my brother called and as we celebrated, I told him how happy I am about the outcome as it affects Smaldo's future. He said he had just been thinking the same thing when he called. Yay for Change and Hope and for our baby having an uncle that cares!
I am so excited as I read about the millions people all over the country and the world who are overwhelmed with joy about the outcome of this election. And I am inspired and reminded why I'm working toward a career in public service. Yes we can make a difference. Yes we can raise Smaldo to do the same.
For some fun reading, check out the comments on the Times election blog at http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/11/05/reactions-from-around-the-world/ (scroll down to see comments from Taiwan, Sweden, South Korea, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, etc.).
No comments:
Post a Comment