I was dying for Grace to start moving... I thought she would be so much happier when she could get around and investigate. And she is! She's getting fast and suddenly I turn around and she's sitting next to the server, reaching out to touch it, looking over her shoulder to see my reaction. Or she's pulling up on the kitchen shelves. Or trying to pull up on our bed, using only the comforter for balance, or I find her sitting under a kitchen chair, or climbing under her stroller to get at the dustbuster that's charging behind it. I don't leave her unattended for long, but sometimes I need to get her food or make dinner or wash dishes or get a glass of water (you'd think I might say use the loo, but goodness no, she has to come with me for that. She'd find so much trouble in that 60 seconds). Even though I'm watching with one eye, she's off and doing something new. Every day Steve or I ask the other, "woah, did you know she could do that?" So much danger, so much delight! At the same time, it's so fun as Grace realizes that if she's playing in the living room and we're in the kitchen, she can just scoot on over to see what's happening. Suddenly, her little face will peek around the doorway and she grins and laughs like she found the pot of gold. It's pretty cool to be someone's pot of gold (until you're not because you're the evil witch who wiped her nose).
But anyway, she's on the move and it's exhausting but fabulous. Here's a relatively benign example of the up-down-up-down-up...
That laugh is fantastic!! Such a cutie. And I love the cupcake clip :)
ReplyDeleteI haven't been to your blog in a while, but just caught up a bit - that giggle of hers is so much like Edie's I LOVE it. Glad to see you guys are doing well. Watching Grace feels like a peek into my future 3 months from now :)
ReplyDelete