But all this is a giant reminder that we are moving. Soon! Grace and I leave in 9 weeks. We have so much to do before then.
1. Find a place to live
2. Find a job.
3. Find childcare, which is a chicken/egg issue with number 2.
4. Pack and purge; organize movers.
5. Finish work projects.
6. Easter! It's in a few days!
7. Celebrate Grace's birthday and pull off a party (while being a kindred spirit with this post - I had forgotten all about goody bags until I started going to birthday parties recently).
8. Fundraise for my Walk for Hunger team and wrap up various other community and volunteer commitments without forgetting anything.
9. Wrap up all those other little things that you forget about, like returning the fast pass transponder and cable box, canceling the utilities, paying library fines (confession: Steve, I think I owe the BPL a dollar or two. Sorry.) donating stuff before it's move out day and dumpster is right there, staring invitingly at the junk you didn't deal with sooner.
10. Visit our favorite places and restaurants one last time.
11. And this is the hardest one... enjoy Boston and our friends here without feeling frantic - friendships don't fit into checklists. I guess I can't squish three years of life and friendship into nine weeks, but I'm going to try.
12. Visit Maine. :)
ReplyDelete