While Steve spent 60 hours on call over the weekend (yep, you read that right - Friday night to Monday morning; I still need to write that post on how much i dislike fellowship), Grace and I headed north, through the torrential downpour on flooded roads, to Sonoma to celebrate Jess's coming nuptials.
Natalie hosted a lovely bridal shower for the west side crew of bridesmaids and extended family. Grace was so excited that she didn't sleep in the car (she kept saying "seeeee baby Gavin!" and my explanations about going to sleep and waking up at baby Gavin's house went nowhere) and was wide awake and wired for the party. But she's our party girl and mostly held it together.
Grace and the guest of honor. She saw the mimosas and wanted some, too! So she got special juice mixed with water.
Grace and Em. We played some games and tasted local wines. Emily got play some extra special toddler games, too.
Then, Grace got in on the gift-opening. As far as her father's concerned, this is the closest Grace will come to unwrapping bridal gifts.
Then she got down to cooking. I'm not sure Jess realized how many toys she'd registered for.
And Grace was his personal jack-in-the-box.
Sadly, in the version of this picture that is in focus, Emily's eyes are closed and Grace looks like she just bit a lemon. So this will do.
Grace was over it and walked out of the frame when we tried to get a group shot.
(Jess, Nat with Gavin, and Em)
Can you hear Grace yelling "mine!"?
He who holds Gavin must hold Grace. Plus, she loves Chris.
Getting ready for a slumber party.
After the kiddos were in bed (not asleep as it turned out), we braved the rain and flooded roads to go out to Valley Ford to the fabulous Rocker Oysterfellers for a low key, Sonoma-style bachelorette dinner. My camera battery was almost dead, so I just have a few pictures. PS, Sonoma is more rural than I realize and the roads on the trip back were basically ponds (they were supposed to get several inches of rain this weekend). Scariest driving I have ever done. Best glass of wine and piece of cake I have ever had upon our return to Nat's cozy, warm house.
The bride to be!
Babies in jammies eating cheerios. Melt. Not pictured are the dazed adults guzzling coffee since these two didn't get the memo that we were up later than I have been in years.
All the pictures here. So fun to spend some concentrated time with this dear group of friends. Thank you, thank you to Natalie for hosting such a lovely and fun weekend. Can't wait to be reunited at the wedding!
No comments:
Post a Comment