Monday, May 23, 2011

Another transition

Tomorrow is Grace's last day of daycare because she starts preschool next week. I am so excited about her new school, but I'm a little wistful that she's moving on and leaving the comfy environment of her daycare. She's the youngest of a gang of 2 year olds that are turning 3 and moving on in the fall - we just got lucky that she got into the her new school now. It's the right time in many ways, and her favorite daycare friend will be in her class at the new school for the first few months. Nevertheless, I know she will miss Emawee and Evie and Dywan and John (the one she can pronounce) and her other friends as well as her teachers, Suzie and Kee-wen. The kiddos are a little pack, calling hello and good-bye to each other as they come and go, giving one another hugs, and talking about each other at home. She also loves her teachers, giving them big hugs and talking about them a lot, asking where they are and what they are doing.

There will be new friends, traditions and beloved teachers at her new school and all the ones in the future. I'm confident she will adapt quickly and love it. But this also means leaving behind a happy little community, one that she will remember and miss more than she did her Boston school. She will return now and then when her new school has vacation, and I'm glad she will have a familiar place to go. Tomorrow they're going to make her favorite breakfast and have a good-bye party. Change is good, especially this one, but I dread pick up tomorrow and having to say good-bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment