Saturday, May 7, 2011

Umm, what?

Yesterday morning, I was humming Slipping Through My Fingers, and Grace asked what I was singing. I explained that it's a song about a mommy who is kind of sad because her little girl is growing up so fast. A few minutes later, Steve came in and Grace told him I was singing. He asked what I was singing, and she said "Mommy singing about Gracie."

What?!?! I can't decide whether she really understood or was just saying nonsensical things that coincidentally make sense, as she is sometimes wont to do.

Either way, I have been sort of overwhelmed by her coming birthday (tomorrow!). Two seems like a giant milestone - definitely the end of babyhood, fully on the way to becoming a kid. On Thursday evening we went to the playground and Grace spent a long time going down the big kid slide, yelling gleefully, then running over to the stairs to do it again and again and again. Not a hint of fear, just taking that (15-20 foot high?) slide by force. As I have said before, I don't want to hold her back and I love all the new stages and developments that come with them. But sometimes I do want to freeze time.

2 comments:

  1. Awwwww. Right there with you, friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww love this! she is such a little smartie! :) Happy 2nd Birthday Grace and Happy mother's day Mama!

    ReplyDelete