Stanley Park is an amazing park, rather like Golden Gate Park or Central Park with lots of attractions within it. We hit a playground, picnicked on the beach, and walked along the seawall. Vancouver is a really beautiful city, so I was disappointed the clouds didn’t lift so we could see the surrounding mountains. We planned to take Grace on the miniature train, but she fell asleep while riding on Pop’s shoulders. Poor tired lovey. So, we ditched the train and headed back to Bellingham. Grace loved Canada and is very excited to now be a citizen of the world. We tried to teach her to sing “O, Canada!”
Back in Bellingham, and without any Peace Arch photos since G was asleep, we stopped at Mallards for ice cream. Grace ate most of the one she was sharing with Steve and then finished mine – espresso with actual coffee grounds. She does, after all, like to eat coffee beans (don’t worry, I only let her have the decaf, and I only gave them to her in the first place is because I figured once she tried them she would stop asking… woops). Re-energized and with the sun out, we headed over to Lake Padden for the rest of the day. We walked around the lake, waded in swimming area (Grace the toughie went barefoot while Steve and I couldn’t stand the rocks without sandals), and played on the playground.
No comments:
Post a Comment