Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Three parks in a day

On Wednesday, Bucket and Lindee joined us for the day. We started out with a hike on Sehome Hill. I don’t recall going there since the first grade “hike” with Mrs. Fleetwood’s class. Grace loved it – she really likes hiking, carrying sticks, investigating slugs until she doesn’t and demands to be carried. This was a particularly thrilling hike for her because there’s a tunnel and a tower. We love tunnels these days!


Next, you guessed it… another park. This time, my favorite – Boulevard! We had a picnic, which thrilled Grace. She now asks if we’re having a picnic just about anytime we arrive at a park. We played frisbee, hit the playground, walked the dock.

After a nap at GoGo's, we headed down to the beach at Larrabee. I love this place because it has views of the San Juans, water, and the classic Pacific northwest rocky beach surrounded by trees. Grace was a little surprised at the kelp when she waded into the water. We discovered a log that was laying across another log and I'm pretty sure Mark and Steve spent most of the time trying to figure out how to balance it with us sitting or standing on it. There are worse ways to spend an afternoon (and that explains why we had a gazillion photos of us sitting or standing on the log).

After the beach, we all returned to GoGo's for an amazing tinga taco dinner, followed by a giant chocolate cake for Bucket's recent birthday. I didn't really get any good pictures of our gluttonous feast, but here's one of Grace helping with the cake beforehand.

What a fun day... but too brief a visit, as usual. Grace adores her aunt and uncle (as do Steve and I) and I only wish we could spend more time with them. And, as I look at back at these pictures to post them, I'm amazed at how beautiful it is there. It was just normal when I was growing up, but visiting now takes my breath away.

2 comments:

  1. It is rather amazing how normal it was growing up there and now I'm blown away every time I visit too. Speaking of which, it looks like we'll be in the Ham right after Xmas through the 7th or 8th. Can't wait to see you all!

    ReplyDelete