Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Birthday season

It has been quite the birthday party circuit lately... i guess it makes sense since Grace's school friends are clustered together by age.  We're so lucky that the parents of her friends are all very cool and interesting people because we have spent a lot of time with them lately!  

A highlight, though, was my little cousin Scott's 30th birthday!  It was so fun to spend the day celebrating with him.  He babysat for us the first summer we lived in San Francisco and Grace developed a special bond with him.  These are the only pictures I took because I was busy getting worked at Catan and eating seconds, thirds, etc., of everything.  But these pictures say it all.


Not pictured is Grace's other infatuation - with Anthony.  That other one (as she has been know to call him) can get her to eat vegetables and meat better than anyone else (pretty good for a Giants fan!).  They also have a hilarious Dodgers versus Giants schtick that never gets old.  It's only fair, since it was Scott's birthday and all, that I admit the following conversation that transpired in the car on the way home.

Steve called (from LA, again).
Grace:  I want to tell Daddy something!
I passed her the phone.
Grace:  Go Giants!
Steve:  No, Daddy doesn't like the Giants.  Daddy likes the Dodgers!
Grace:  The Dodgers are yucky!

And finally, a little olympics-inspired competition.  Grace legitimately scored on me a couple times with her wicked serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment