Congressman Barney Frank spoke at school yesterday. The highlight of his address was when he said that we seem to be taking the Hokey Pokey approach to universal health care. First, you put some of the kids in and shake them all about, then add some other kids and shake them about, and now maybe we'll put more adults in and shake them all about. Of course, a room full of health policy wonks was roaring. We haven't actually studied the Hokey Pokey policy model, but I can't think of a better description of the US's unique approach.
And then today one my professors referenced Chris Rock's bullet control proposal. Thrilling as it's one of my faves... "bullets should cost five thousand dollar."
Ah, policy really can meet reality.
Tuesday, February 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Speaking of the hokey pokey...
ReplyDeletehttp://tinyurl.com/azhevq
You guys seem to have it. Me? What in the hell health policy dance am I doing? One that will for sure require a chiropractor.
We do look like we're doing the hokey pokey! Great pix - I hadn't seen a lot of them. What a fab day it was!
ReplyDelete