I saw the doctor on Thursday and the good news is - no placenta previa! This means I get to just wait and see what labor brings, no planned c-section for now.
We had an ultrasound and could see her "practicing" breathing and opening and closing her eyes. So proud. She's too big to get full pictures of and unfortunately, the pictures they gave us are too blurry to post. We could see her profile pretty clearly and she's awfully cute. When the doc was putting the probe on my belly, she started kicking or punching and he said "oh, she has a temper." You're telling me, pal.
Almost into the home stretch... third trimester starts on Tuesday. I can hardly believe it. I'm scared about how uncomfortable I'm going to get and thrilled that she's growing so well and excited for her birth and overwhelmed by how much I have to do to prepare (infant CPR, childbirth class, arrange a pediatrician, supplies) and in denial about the mountains of schoolwork to be done in order to graduate (write a thesis? really?) and terrified about how I'm going to keep my head on straight enough to make a reasonable contribution to Steve's fellowship ranking decisions. I'm slowly and surely losing my mind. Don't worry, though - turns out going crazy can be fun.
Saturday, February 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment