Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Hot, hot, hot!

It was 98 degrees today, tying the hottest August day on record in San Francisco. Unseasonably cold all summer, now record-breaking heat, and I think it's supposed to be in the 50s this weekend.

To cope (no a/c 'round these parts), we joined the neighbors some water fun. They filled a wading pool and ran a sprinkler. What is cuter than babies in bathing suits? Not much. While the moms wished we could run through the sprinkler, we had to cajole the kids to play in the water.

Grace, instead, was obsessed with playing in this car.
Check out her cruising style... pure California, that girl.
When she got out and finally walked away? It didn't mean anyone else could play with it.
I think she might actually have been holding him up for his goldfish.
Got 'em!
A little bit of swim time.
We're lucky to have some great families in the area. And it's so hot right now that everyone has their windows open. Apparently, a lot of crying kids live nearby.

As I write this, I'm overhearing Steve taking a call from a resident. I know he's so tired and I must say that I'm always so impressed by his calm, patient and compassionate demeanor. Sometimes the schedule and the craziness of it all make me forget that peoples' lives are at stake when the pager goes off. I'm so proud of how hard Steve works and what he does.

No comments:

Post a Comment