Tuesday, August 10, 2010

One of these days

Soon, I will update this blog again. I will tell you stories of our recent adventures visiting summer in the East Bay, flinging water at Ashley, hiking and shoe shopping during GoGo's visit, a super family engagement party, and various shenanigans with Megan, Lars and Bjorn. In the meantime, though, picture Grace with a cold, me agonizing over What To Do With My Life and trying to muster the courage to email yet another person about an "informational interview." Don't forget to envision the project for my current job that isn't done yet, but is looming and in need of a flash of brilliance. Also, set your alarm to go off every few hours throughout the night, and then think of Steve heading off to the hospital and me rolling over in a daze wondering what time it is and how that darn pager can be going off again. And picture an unseasonably cold summer that has us sleeping with a hot water bottle and wearing smartwool socks all day. Then, add to your mental image Grace climbing a bookshelf, emptying the file drawer by flinging papers everywhere and unrolling toilet paper for kicks and discovering the drawer she wasn't supposed to be able to reach.

All this is not intended as complaining. In fact, things are rolling along quite nicely. But, I'm going to be unemployed soon, which takes a lot of mental energy, and Grace is ACTIVE. In other words, it seems like we've had a lot going on. And I have a gajillion photos to transfer and edit. Fortunately, Grace has learned to get out her own snacks and then call "moh? moh?" to let me know she is hungry. Good thing she has a self-preservation instinct.

Btw, did anyone else notice that Grace turned 15 months old on Sunday? You know how I can tell? She just put a hairbrush in a box of crackers.

No comments:

Post a Comment