Thursday, October 27, 2011

Pop time

Pop came for a quick visit last week! I had to go to Boston for a meeting Friday (very short trip - I was there fewer than 36 hours), so he came to help with Grace while I was away and visit for a few days. He and Grace had a great time and he even accompanied her for a class field trip to the pumpkin patch.

After I returned on Saturday we headed to the zoo. You can't tell, though, because the only pictures I got were at the zoo playground.
We had a yummy burrito fest and watched the Huskies lose. We did teach Grace to cheer, but it came out more like "Go Huck-sies." Oh well, she's on the right track.

Sunday we headed over the bridge for a hike up to Slacker Hill (Steve was on call and couldn't join us, unfortunately). It was warm but a really nice hike - great views on the way up and excellent views from the top. It also passes through a raptor study area so we saw some large birds. We had a picnic at the top and checked out the view.
And now for the scenery shots... a bit smoggy, but still awesome.
Northeast toward the north bay and Angel Island.

Southeast to the city.

West to Rodeo beach and the Pacific.
Grace napped a bit in the backpack on the way down (in fact, she asked us to be quiet so she could sleep. I quote "Stop talking! I'm trying to sleep!"). She got just enough sleep to be full of energy when we got back to the car. Since it was so warm and beautiful, we stopped at Crissy Field (not a particularly original idea). We hadn't been planning to go to the beach so were totally unprepared - no bathing suit, no towel, no sand toys. It didn't stop Grace. She had a blast running around and laying down at the water's edge to "swim" (getting covered in sand). I sure love a happy sandy beach baby.
Thanks for visiting, Pop!

2 comments:

  1. Frame that one of you and Grace with the GG bridge in the background. Fabulous picture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would definitely frame that one of you and Grace with the Golden Gate Bridge in the background too. It is a great picture. They are all very good pictures!
    Miss you.
    Julia:)

    ReplyDelete