Sunday, January 15, 2012

Foodie inspiration

I quit eating meat when I was sixteen, and although I gradually started eating poultry again and i never gave up seafood, I haven't eaten a mammal since (except for once at a dinner party where I could not forgo the pork that was the main course). Except for occasional smell of barbecue, I have never missed it. I'm not ready to go vegan (ummm, cheese!), but I've been wanting to find some new sources of protein and just change things up a bit in the kitchen.

So, inspired by Megan and this article, I'm going to try to make each of these recipes (except the brussel sprouts - I I tried them again recently and I just can't get on board). I'm not setting a timeframe, but I'll try to do each one during 2012. I wouldn't go so far as saying that vegan cooking is a resolution, but they look yummy and seem way more doable than coding for an hour a day, everyday all year (I flirted with feeling guilty I couldn't do it, but then I closed my browser and snapped out of it). I will keep you posted!

3 comments:

  1. I love it! I have made a recipe very similar to the paste, beans and tomatos mentioned in the link and it was fantastic (and also in the vein of trying to eat from a variety of protein sources). In the non-vegan vein of it all--I added some feta cheese to this because, as you so eloquently put it "ummm, cheese!".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, I love this idea. I have been toying with it for a while already. Beans, tofu, veggies - very recession chic. These recipes look awesome, and easy. Thanks for the inpsiration! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. and coding for an hour a day? ew. :)

    ReplyDelete