Last weekend Emily returned to SF for a visit. We made it a girls afternoon with Nat and Gavin (the xy representative) and headed over to Crissy Field to enjoy the unseasonably warm weather. We were not alone as I believe 90% of the city and most of the suburbs were there as well.
Grace was super excited to see Baby Gavin, whom we really can't call Baby anymore. In the morning she had told me she was going to teach him how to make a sandcastle. She tried... at one point they were actually working together, with Grace shoveling and Gavin holding the bucket, though not while we were on the beach but in the pile of dirt next to the picnic table.
They had fun and ran around like the crazy goofballs they are. They could not, however, synchronize their eating or wanting to walk versus ride. I see why someone once told me that having two children does not double the chaos, but quadruples it. Nevertheless, it was a great afternoon and so nice to catch up with Emm and hear all about her new life (though admittedly I was a little resentful to hear that her Boston winter has yet to actually be cold).
I love these girls and it's so weird to realize that my college friends have known me almost half my life. I love that Grace knows them now, too. As she said on our way to the park "I love Emily."
Partners in crime/chaos.
The golden gate. I will never tire of that view (but you know that already if you read this blog with any regularity).
Moonrise over the East Bay (picture doesn't do it justice).
No comments:
Post a Comment