I don't think it's unusual, but sometimes I get so aggravated by the routine, mundane activities, especially when the frequently involve negotiation, cajoling and wrestling with a two and a half year old. This is particularly true when it comes to commuting. I take two buses - one to drop Grace off, then one to my office. It takes an hour each way and we're not talking about long distances. But, the bus schedules annoy me, the rushing Grace so we don't miss the buses we need, the carrying her lunch, my lunch, my oversized work laptop, and various other junk, and just what feels like a not quality use of time all get to me.
So, 2012, it's you, me and a little more gratitude. My commute is a chance to savor being outside, walking hand in hand with Grace or giving her lots of kisses when I'm carrying her. It's a chance to appreciate the friends we often run into en route. It's an opportunity to look around or take a few quiet moments to myself.
Last night I saw this along my walk (there was a line of commuters taking pictures, which gave me an extra smile; granted it's not a great photo but you get the idea):
What a reminder of being grateful for the regular stuff of life.
No comments:
Post a Comment