Sunday, April 8, 2012

Eggstravaganza

We had the loveliest Easter. Grace had been so excited, more than for Christmas. We kept seeing the Easter bunny at at the mall and she would stop and watch and wave. I'm not exactly sure how she had put it all together, but she seemed to know about the Easter bunny before we had explained any of it.

Anyhow, we started the day with Easter baskets at home and a few eggs hidden around the apartment. Grace was just beside herself with excitement. Every egg was as exciting as the first, and she was gobbling chocolate before we even realized what she was doing. She kept walking around saying "I get candy and toys - I'm a lucky girl!"
After church we went to Pleasanton for brunch with the Greats and extended family. The food and company were so good. We were being lazy with the camera and didn't get any pictures of the group or of the terrific decorations. I didn't even get a picture of Grace in her real Easter dress. She wore a dress that was mine when I was here age and it looked adorable and then she got colored bubbles all over it and had to change. Oh well, maybe I will learn my lesson to take photos first. Anyway, she got have a real egg hunt - it was serious business! Elijah helped her and was so sweet and gentle with her. He's 11 but I think she could tell he was a kid and was thrilled that he paid attention to her. She also demanded quite a lot of attention from Scott and that other one, Anthony. It was in the 70s, making it so nice to sit outside. I almost tied Steve at ping pong (well almost might be a stretch, but I was wearing heels - that counts for a few extra points, right?). It was really a perfect way to celebrate Easter.
Grace crashed in the car on the way home and slept until 6:30 pm while Steve and I had a candlelit dinner of take out, a treat in itself.

Happy Easter! Alleluia!

No comments:

Post a Comment