On Saturday, Steve had his first day off in 26 days. Needless to say, we were all a bit excited. The latest stretch of work has been particularly intense because he has also had three out of town trips interspersed. I think I have re-confirmed the fact that he has the next two weekends off a dozen times and triple checked the calendar because I just can't quite believe it's true. Anyhow, we took advantage of the beautiful day to head down to Golden Gate park to the big playground.
It is such a cool playground. We don't go often because the first time we went it was so outrageously crowded, but I think we will be going a lot more now that Grace is bigger and tougher and the crowds haven't been so bad the last few times we've gone. She had a great time and we took a yummy picnic and just enjoyed the sun and people watching.
Here's Grace trying not to smile...
We got her.
To really make it a treat, Grace got to ride the huge, old fashioned carousel (built in 1914). She also has learned to all it a merry-go-round rather than a ring-around. A little bittersweet, that one.
No comments:
Post a Comment