Thursday, October 10, 2013

Some days

I know I have posted this song before, but some days I just have to listen to it and cry a little.

They are growing so fast.  And, it's funny - of course I think of my Gracie, but this is the first time I've listened to it since Henry was born, and now, to me,  it's about Henry, too.  About all children, I suppose.

My favorite line this time through?  "You'll be a lady soon, but until then, you gotta do what I say."

My baby will be 6 months old in 5 days.  

And my other baby is almost four and a half and is learning how to write at school.  And has learned "stayin' alive" in her dance class. She says "disco!" and then makes the hand-motions and it cracks me up and breaks my heart.

So there's your sentimental mommy moment for the day.  

And now that I'm getting a bit maudlin and in the spirit of the passage of time, my oldest friend turns 35 today.  Happy Birthday, Andiza!  You are my hero and ry ruv roo.  Can you believe we have been friends for MORE THAN 30 YEARS?! 

2 comments:

  1. Well, you got me to come to tears, too....missing you all so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ry ruv roo too! Here's to the next 30 years of friendship. And chin up because I've got big plans for us when our kids are grown. Mostly involving trips to Europe and uninterrupted conversations over coffee. Going to be fabulous.

    ReplyDelete