Saturday, December 27, 2008

Baby's first Christmas

We didn't expect it, but were delighted that Smalda received a number of gifts this year! Everything is SO cute and we are touched by the generosity and love already being shown to our baby girl. Just a few pix of the cuteness -


Most of her haul.


This second one bears some explaining... about half my life ago (shocking) my mom was making my best ballet friend Rachel a costume for the Nutcracker. We had great fun picking out the material and embellishments, and Rachel's motto was basically to put as many sequins on the costume as possible. We have photos of her draped in sequins wearing the partially finished tutu and hiking boots for fittings. We have giggled over "sequins sequins" ever since, and so she made Smaldita a onesie in that spirit. I LOVE IT!

Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

  1. I so wanted to put that picture of me in the hiking boots on the onesie but I could locate it. I hope Smalda loves sequins as much as I do. Hee hee.

    ReplyDelete