Friday, January 23, 2009

Inspiration

I got an email yesterday from a friend with a 17 year old daughter who is having some health issues that are turning out to be quite complicated and also have cosmetic effects, which means they likely are of cosmic importance to the teenage girl. Her words about it moved me so I had to share:

"She is an absolute champion, with much grace and strength. A part of that I know comes from her trust in me to find the best solution for this and that I and her doctors will make it come out all right in the end. It is a gift to be trusted like this - this, Kate, is the essence of mothering, is it not? That your child orients from such a base of security that she is able to trust that she will always be cared for and be ok no matter what?"

It's a tall order and a scary proposition. But I'm inspired.

No comments:

Post a Comment