Thursday, March 5, 2009

Single digits

Here we are... just past 31 weeks. That means 9 weeks to go. Just nine weeks, ONLY NINE WEEKS! Nope, nobody is freaking out.

Actually, I'm not really freaking out, I'm just a bit shocked by how quickly time has been flying. We've been so busy lately with visitors, celebrations, papers, presentations, THESIS, fellowship interviews, and watching the birthing class video that I feel like my head is spinning.

I've been feeling well lately - better than I was a few weeks ago in the mid/late twenties. I even slept about six hours in a row one night this week. I'm not sure if I have more energy or if I have just adjusted to my new limitations so I'm not pushing myself as much, but it's nice not to feel like I'm dragging. It's weird to have to constantly make adjustments to what I can handle.

The baby has been really active (this is, after all, the most active time of pregnancy) and I can watch my belly move as she wiggles, which is wild and wonderful. She is also getting stronger so her movements are pretty forceful and she definitely enjoys wedging herself in different positions. It's not exactly uncomfortable, but a little odd. She is also getting frighteningly close to my ribs. I'm feeling big and I'm nervous about the fact that I will get SO MUCH BIGGER in the coming months.

Had a doctor's appointment this afternoon and baby's heart beat and my weight gain were both good. They gave me a ton of paperwork to get in order for labor/delivery as well as the birth certificate form!!! (we have to fill out all our info and just leave hers blank, so nope, still not revealing the possible names) It sure amped up my sense of time getting ahead of itself! I double checked with the doctor that they weren't giving me all this for any reason other than it being standard at this stage. She reassured me that she doesn't have any secret suspicions that I'll be in labor tomorrow.

4 comments:

  1. where's the 31 week belly picture?!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Graton and I used to love to stay up and watch my belly move, like something out of the movie "Alien." It's so magical when you actually see her, and think, "This is what was living inside me." I still can't believe my girls used to be in my belly. So wondrous. Sounds like you're having a bit of insomnia. That was the hardest part of my pregnancy with Alyssa. Don't believe the rumors that you'll never have a good night's sleep again. Nowadays, it's a rare night that we don't sleep uninterrupted, and it's heavenly!!So glad all is going well!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AAH! Single digits! I can't and cannot believe how for along you are...Ginny and I were both commenting on how you are the most beautiful pregnant woman--just another sign that you and impending motherhood just go well together.

    ReplyDelete