Thursday, June 11, 2009

New mother's best friend: a love letter

Dear iPhone,

You light up my life. You are the perfect companion for hours spent nursing and rocking a tired, sometimes even sleeping, baby. I can read the Times (both of them) and all the blogs I lurk. I can check the basketball scores in the middle of the night and keep up with the Kaiser daily reports. You have that lovely Notes app so I can keep track of Gracie's input and output and make lists of neurotic questions for the pediatrician. I can figure out the best time to go for walks with the weather app. I can at least read my email, even though I may not always be able to type a reply with one hand. I can download my podcasts and use the fab public radio app to listen to news and programs from all over the country. And I can play music for Gracie - so easy to switch between the rap and country she favors! All in one tiny, slick device. Oh, and the camera means I can snap yet another picture of my sweet baby. iPhone I LOVE YOU. I would be so disconnected without you. Thank you for coming into my life.

Forever yours,
Kate

P.S. It's important to note my husband was right. I didn't want to get you, iPhone, thinking you were a waste of money and totally unnecessary and excessive. I was wrong. Steve was right.

4 comments:

  1. I think Steve and I are on the same consumer index (although I don't think this necesarily bodes well for Steve since I am most definitely a spender!). The TWO THINGS I have been nagging Lars about recently are iphones and CR-V's. I keep getting met with passive resistance. Curses!

    ReplyDelete
  2. tell lars to get with it. then we can talk all day on at&t while planning gracie and bjorn's wedding. plus he woulf be infinitely cooler with an iphone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...if there was ever a reason to get an iphone, this would be it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hmm.. you've about converted me!

    ReplyDelete