Monday, June 8, 2009

One month old

Hard to believe Grace is already a month old! She has been cooing and flashing lots of smiles today, but they were hard to get for the camera. They are the most beautiful sight, and we're looking forward to more of them, some perhaps even on purpose (more attempts to capture smiles here).

Overall, things are going really well. We're figuring out her eat/alert/sleep schedule somewhat (sure, it could change so I say all this while knocking on wood) and she's been letting us get reasonable amounts of sleep. If only I could actually sleep more than three hours rather than lay in bed waiting for her to wake up.

We had a great weekend. Ran errands and had a picnic at the river on Saturday evening. Sunday, Gracie was perfect at church (only a few shouts) and then we took a long walk to have lunch and go to REI. It was just over 80 degrees, which was perfect for ice cream and a stop in the Garden on the way home.

[Interestingly, we visited one of the large suburban malls and REI and the stores were nearly empty! Granted, it was gorgeous outside, but it was almost eerie how few shoppers there were. However, as Steve pointed out, nearly everyone we did see had shopping bags. I guess I hadn't been shopping in quite a while so I hadn't realized that all this business about the ailing economy wasn't just a media ruse.]

No comments:

Post a Comment