Steve and I both had a moment this week when we picked Grace up and said "woah, somebody

grew overnight" (and it was only partly from a wet diaper). She is already almost too long for her bassinet, which we use so she can sleep later in the morning away from the east facing windows. She's always smiling and wiggling and starting to laugh more often, even in her sleep - she may end up with my old moniker, "happy baby." Yesterday, she was laying down and I used her hands to pull her to sitting as I often do, but she skipped sitting and stood right up! She is working so hard on getting and keeping her fingers and thumb in her mouth, but she still can't reliably keep them in her mouth and she gets so frustrated! It has been a fascinating past week or two because she seems almost to be maturing before our eyes.
I can't believe she is already three months old and that we made it this far. I'm also feeling very wistful. We go on vacation in about 10 days and when we return, I'll be starting work (more on that soon when the contract is signed!). I'll be working part time, but I suddenly feel like it's the last week of summer vacation and we have to cram everything in and relish every moment. She's such an efficient eater, that the time we used to spend cuddling simply because of feeding is diminishing. I feel like I really need to focus on just "being" with Grace in the next few weeks because once I'm working and Gracie is going to daycare and Steve's schedule is still really busy, it's going to be a whole different ballgame.
Some pix from the last week. And more
here.


She is soooo cute! And yes I can't believe how big she is getting too! I'm sad that she is going to be so big by the time I get to see her in person, but glad that I get to see her grow through your posts!
ReplyDelete