Thursday, August 6, 2009

Celebrity sighting

There was a star even bigger than Gracie at the Esplanade today. We were walking with another mom and baby when I noticed a very familiar looking gentleman pedaling toward us on a bike. Longish hair, English features, and super casual t-shirt (think yard work). I looked at him trying to figure out if he was who I thought he was and he looked right back as if saying yes, it's me, be cool (and from my vast celebrity sighting experience I know how to stay cool). I turned to Annika and said was that...? And she sort of freaked out because he was supposed to be in town for a show but she'd been looking at her stroller and only saw his back. A lady behind us walked by and asked if we'd seen him, and she confirmed it was him because she had stared and actually said hello to... Paul McCartney! Pretty sweet. Grace was mildly intrigued by her Beatle encounter, but she was way into the swings with her buddy Grady.


And don't get any ideas just because Paul doesn't wear a helmet...

No comments:

Post a Comment