Tuesday, August 11, 2009

French rubber giraffe

Apparently, this is the most popular infant toy. It was the talk of mom and baby group this morning. Back ordered 1-3 months on Amazon, one left at the inconvenient toy shop, and sold out at the nearby toy shop because it's their most popular item. It is a rubber giraffe named Sophie with a pleasant squeak and lovely soft rubber and food paint for the spots and rouge. I was searching for said giraffe because every baby I know has one and each of their mothers claims it is their favorite toy. A rubber giraffe manufactured in France for which I paid an obscene $22. But clearly, Gracie too must have a Sophie if this rubber giraffe is so popular. So now I shove it into her hands any chance I get and make it squeak and talk about Sophie to her all the time because at least one of us needs to thoroughly appreciate the French giraffe.

2 comments:

  1. The things we do for love. But I wouldn't know. There's no way I 'd pay $28 for an Abby Cadabby doll at Nordstrom's. That would be ridiculous. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That makes me feel better. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete