Thursday, September 24, 2009

Again with the diapers

Let me just start by saying that I hope as much as you do that this is the last post about poop.

We were doing great with the larger size Pampers, but given all the advice I'd also heard about trying Huggies, I got a larger size of those, too. Fortunately, Grace made it through her visit to my office on Tuesday, and didn't poop on my boss or his floor. Nope, the diaper leaked in the car on the way home. Right out the leg hole. Minus 1 for the larger Huggies (and then when I put her in the bathtub a while later, she pooped again. Why has this only happened when Steve has not been home? It is excitement no parent should miss).

So, today we're chilling at the park with my friend Anna, who fortunately was wearing brown pants. Because, oh yes, Grace was sitting in her lap when the poop came up and out the back of the diaper, through the onesie, and onto her pants. Minus 1 for the larger size Pampers.

I was at the end of my rope on Tuesday. Now I'm so past that point. Steve thinks the smaller size Pampers were too big before and that's why they were leaking and that now the smaller size is just right while the larger ones I bought are too loose, but large enough that early successes were simply due to luck. I'm somewhat convinced because no other theory is working. Anna suggested that I give up on worrying about the size of the diapers and just embrace the fact that Grace may be a super pooper and has such massive quantities that no diaper is up to the challenge. I'm trying to be all zen like that.

Moral: diaper clinical trial failure. How soon can we potty train?

1 comment:

  1. wow, she sure does have some bionic poop!! I was going to suggest cloth diapers, but it's purely in theory, as I have no experience. Maybe feed her less? :)

    ReplyDelete