Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Working girl

Well, yesterday I put on a suit and went off to the fall board meeting for work. Then, in the evening, I put the suit back on and went to a networking event for a fellowship program I belong to (thank you so much, Sarah, for staying with Grace since Steve's on nights!). It was a little weird and also fun. I like my work and I'm very happy to have a part-time position as Associate Director of the health policy org I worked for in grad school. It was exciting to be sitting around a table with leaders in health policy for the state talking about serious matters. I hadn't used that part of my brain in a while! I also made some good connections at the event for networking in San Francisco. Baby steps back into it all. It's strange, though, to get off the subway and realize I can go up the stairs rather than figuring out where the elevator is. And it's weird to be just a random lady strolling down the street rather than having my "mom" identity. The gentleman who begs in front of Dunkin' Donuts ignored me as I walked by; usually, he calls out "congratulations" when he sees the stroller.

And these pictures have nothing whatsoever to do with the rest of this, but they're just too cute. Babies don't come any cuter, do they?

I mean, it's just not fair.

One baby, so much cuteness!

And aren't legwarmers just the best idea?!
Thanks to fashion-forward Emma.

No comments:

Post a Comment