So, daycare was... a success! I only cried a little when we left Gracie, but the rest of the day was fine. It helped that the director sent me an email saying Grace was doing great. When I picked her up, they said she'd had a very good first day and is a really easygoing baby. She even napped and leaked out of her diaper so apparently she felt very comfortable. And she was giggly and happy the rest of the afternoon. She did an art project, too - a leaf cut out with her handprint. I really wanted to bring it home, but they were all hanging over the cribs so I felt I should leave it. Here's hoping day two (longer) will also go well, and then we'll be into a good pattern.
Work was good as well, although it turns out pumping will be a bit more of a challenge than I thought. Lots of paraphernalia and no good place to pump at work except my office. That's my office with the giant window in the door and that I share with a male colleague. Fortunately, he's super cool and since his wife is nursing as well, he gets it and offered to just step out when I need to pump. We now just have to figure out how to cover the door/window. I think we may end up with a hodgepodge of mid-eighties band posters and Jeff's son's artwork (until Gracie has enough that I can take it to work).
Whew.
No comments:
Post a Comment