We chose the daycare based on the recommendation of friends and have since met another family whose son attends. He is close to Grace's age so they may be in the same room at least part of the year. The place is licensed by the state and I can review video tapes any time I want. I know that daycare will help Grace's socialization and give her confidence that Steve and I will return when we leave and say we'll be back. I know, too, that she'll get more entertainment there than she does with me (they do art projects with infants! We're not doing any finger painting at home).
Nevertheless, I am positively dreading dropping her off on Tuesday and walking away. One of the other mothers told me she cried till noon the first day and she's one of those cool as a cucumber seemingly not antsy types. I know it will be ok. I just need my rational side to override the part that is saying it's crazy to leave my baby (tho, it is, right?). I won't put my make up on till after I get on the train. And fortunately my office mate has kids, one two months older than Gracie, and he's been warned to be nice (at least he's been warned that I'll be drying my pump on my desk). So, Tuesday is a big day.
Really, could you leave the cutest, sweetest, funniest baby in the world?
No comments:
Post a Comment