Friday, October 16, 2009

Finer moments in parenting

I was holding Grace on my hip this morning when I took a butter knife out of the drawer. She immediately grabbed for it so as I moved it out of reach, I reached for something else from the same drawer. I pulled out the U of Michigan bottle opener that plays "Hail to the Victors", playing the song as I handed it to her. No, Grace, we don't play with knives - we play with bottle openers instead.

File this under the classy approach to child rearing. And of course, Go Blue.

1 comment:

  1. ahaha remember when we gave that to you guys and it started randomly playing "Hail to the Victors" in the middle of the night? Lars and I were like "why are they drinking beer in the spare bedroom at 4am?".

    I tried teaching Bjorn "Hail to the Victors" along with hand motions--he started screaming. I hope this means we don't have a rebellious Ohio State kid on our hands. Of course, he screams at everything these days...not really discriminating in that department. Maybe he needs his own bottle opener.

    ReplyDelete