Friday, November 20, 2009

Bookshelf: To Kill A Mockingbird

Oh my gosh, I'm so in love with To Kill A Mockingbird. There isn't much I can say that hasn't already been said through its winning a Pulitzer and being named "best novel of the [twentieth] century". But oh it was so wonderful, I wish I hadn't finished it. What girl doesn't have some Scout in her? And I will so miss Jem and Atticus and Miss Maudie and Dill and even Boo Radley. It brought me to tears when Scout finally understood what it meant to stand in Boo Radley's shoes as he watched "his children" and then rescued them. The book is also so beautifully written. I found myself returning to passages just to appreciate the language. Oh, this might compete with Angle of Respose. I want to read it again right now. At the very least, we'll have to watch the movie, which I understand is excellent.

1 comment: