Steve had Saturday and Sunday off this weekend. Two days! In a row! First time since June, other than our vacation. And although we did nothing special, it was fabulous.
Grace loves it when we're both around and I love to be able to take a shower without jumping out every few minutes to reassure Gracie that I'm still around or show her a new toy. Plus, all her fun antics are even more fun when they can be shared with Steve! We have a wonderful life and I wouldn't change it, but sometimes the medical training thing seems so long and takes so much time from family life that I get sick of it. Minimum twelve hour days and just four days off a month can get to be a real drag. End rant and back to our fun weekend.
We went for some long walks, went to Gracie's buddy John's first birthday party, were interviewed about the unseasonably warm and fantastic weather by a local radio station while walking through the Common (we didn't see celebrities because apparently we now are celebrities), did some cooking, played on the swings and watched the Chargers win with a beautiful TD pass with 21 seconds to go. This led to learning that yelling "YESSSSS!" is funnier than The Daily Show.
Monday, November 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment