Now that I'm back to being on my own during the day, I appreciate all the more how valuable it is to have someone around to hold the baby when I want to, say, go to the bathroom, take a shower, get something to eat, even wash my hands after a diaper change. Henry is pretty reasonable at night, so she didn't have to be up rocking him for hours in the night like, ahem, another child to which I'm resisting comparing him in the interest of sibling harmony and helping them build a strong relationship (the sibling book on my nightstand that I'm not actually reading but going with my friend's description of says to avoid any comparisons). But there was plenty to do during the day! Plus, party prep, running various errands and helping to entertain Grace and provide some adult conversation for me were wonderful. And Henry loved to snuggle with his GoGo (and she's an ace at getting him to burp - gold star, Mom!).
A few pictures - although since we were at home in our yoga pants a lot of the time and Henry is a second child, there aren't nearly as many as there should be!
No comments:
Post a Comment