Sunday, February 21, 2010

Baby likes pizza

Another one for the finer parenting moments file. Grace and I were at Costco yesterday when we stopped for lunch. She was eating her baby food and I had cheese pizza. I decided that since she is supposed to be on a high fat diet right now, I'd offer her a small bite of pizza. And how she liked it! She kept reaching for more and more and more. As people walked by, I kept thinking of all judgement being thrown my way. Some of my research has actually been on childhood obesity, no less!

A little later, we were a store selling bathing suits for babies. I can't decide how I feel about a bikini on a 1 year old... on the one hand, it would certainly make diaper changes easier. On the other, it would be a bikini. On a 1 year old.

2 comments:

  1. I think people were probably just saying "my that baby has exquisite taste in food!"--something would be seriously wrong if she didn't like costco pizza. Also, pediatrician I work with says to feed babies bacon & potato chips to fatten them up--so I think you are actually in better shape than most.

    I may have a solution to your bikini problem (which is a little scary for babies, I agree). Its this marvelous invention called the tankini! And baby girls can rock it and have their diapers easily accessed to boot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Having some experience with the baby in a bikini thing--it's a toss up. Yes, it is super cute to see their little bellies but the top has a tendency to ride up especially when you're playing in the water. If you plan on spending a lot of time in heated in door pools or pools with a lot of shade--go for just the swim bottoms (I like baby speedos). Otherwise one pieces or the rash guard top type swim suits are best (gymboree always has the cutest little suits that fit pretty well and hold up to A LOT of washing too.)
    Can you tell how particular I am about dressing my kids...ugh.

    ReplyDelete