A few weeks ago we stopped by Plymouth Rock... and it's a good thing we did a trip to Ikea with a stop at the rock rather than a trip to the rock and a stop at Ikea. The latter would have been seriously anticlimactic. I'm sure the town of Plymouth is lovely in another season, but there wasn't much to do in February. And the rock, well, it's a rock with a giant monument around it. Plus, I recently learned that the pilgrims' original landing spot was actually at Provincetown on the Cape. So I guess it's all a giant ruse, not to mention that, as I was taught by my rogue history instructor during high school, the pilgrims were a bunch or wack jobs. Nevertheless, Grace had fun and looked cute doing it. And now she'll have photos to include in her fifth grade American history report.
It's a rock.
In front of the Mayflower II
(I think it's a replica of the Mayflower).
No comments:
Post a Comment